Bill S.978

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bill S.978

Post  david889 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:46 am

Bill S.978, IS new bill proposed in the USA, which would make it illegal under certain circumstances to share videos of copyrighted materials over the internet. The problem is that it makes it illegal to upload videos of games, such as let’s plays and speed runs. And I love watching let’s plays and speed runs.If the bill pass and u upload a video of gameplay you can be sent to jail for upwards of 5 years.Murder is 25 in the US to put in prospective for you.
So if u don't want The Youscast to stop makeing videos Contaact your sentour riot potion what ever you must do THIS BILL MUST NOT PASS.

if you want 2 track this bill here is the link http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-978

Here’s a great video on the subject I found via Reddit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib7-vSrp6y8

david889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill S.978

Post  Ninja_Fruit on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 am

i know the bill. saw it when i was looking at minecraft on moddb
but this bill only affects america, the only problem is is that youtube is an american website, just like justintv and stuff
so yea thats the only problem (for non-americans) , i dont know if it will affect canada.

and this bill is something that just ruins the game industry, because many games (like minecraft) have become
famous thanks to lets play's and stuff.

but if this bill passes it must not affect the game industry.

btw its yogscast on youscast Razz
Ninja_Fruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  david889 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 am

I am prty sure they will have a ten strike sytem if u have any conent that is copeywrited it is 9strikes and if u upload a vide it is like 10 or some thing kinda dum The hole bill is ment to protevct movie and music companeys the bill just needs to be rewriten

david889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja_Fruit on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 am

true the bill must not affect the game industry, so rewrite should do the job
like i already said many games became famous because of LP'ers and stuff.
Ninja_Fruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top